Saturday, November 3, 2012

63 percent saved

I had to do my Acme shopping today because I had a coupon that expired today and I was not going to lose a deal.   I spent $25.60 but $1.00 of that was a donation to the food bank so my shopping total was $24.60.   I saved $43.62.  (63% savings)  Did you know that Acme will truly double your coupon if the coupon is under $1.00?  So a $0.75 coupon is worth $1.50 at Acme vs. a $1.00 value at ShopRite.

Some highlights...Yoplait Greek Yogurt is on sale for $2.50, this is the two pack with or without granola.   If you buy two you will get a coupon for $1.00 off of your next order, no limit on this coupon.  I had four $0.75 cent coupons so I bought four two packs for $10.00, after my coupons were doubled to $1.50 I got $6.00 off bringing the four two packs to $4.00 and then I received two $1.00 coupons towards my next order.

Fiber One bars are on sale, along with many other General Mills products.   They are on sale for $2.88 but if you buy five you get $5.00 off bringing the price down to $1.88 each, $9.40 total. I had a coupon for $0.75 off of three, and a coupon for $0.50 off of two so I got an additional $2.50 off the total, bringing the final cost to $6.90.

Totino's Pizza Rolls are on sale for $1.25.  If you buy four you get a coupon for $1.00 off of your next order.  I had a coupon for $0.75 off of three so I received $1.50 off of the total making the 4 boxes $3.50.

I also bought some Domino baking sugar, brown and confectioners.   We have a large cookie order this week and I use the confectioners sugar to make the icing.  Three bags of Luden's Throat Drops and some boneless chicken breast finished off the order.   I will use the chicken breast to make chicken pot pie, chicken alfredo, chicken cutlets/chicken parm and I can also use in salads.  

ShopRite and CVS tomorrow....I am hoping to stay under $50.00!


No comments:

Post a Comment