Sunday, November 25, 2012

$47.48 spent

Hope everyone had a deliciously fabulous holiday.   I took a wee break last week and went slightly over budget....$88.94, but I will make up for it in the weeks ahead. 

Sorry no pics of today's trip, I put everything away quickly and then did not feel like getting it all back out to take the picture.  I spent $47.48 at ShopRite, the trip included two forty packs of Hefty plates, six boxes of Hefty freezer bags, two huge boxes of Finish Powerball tabs, rice for risotto (not on sale but what can you do...I feel like making risotto), a boneless chuck roast, a five pound bag of potatoes, 2 red peppers, bananas, 4 Yoplait Simplait yogurts, six bags of Birdseye Steamfresh vegetables and two Degree deordorants.

The yogurts are on sale for $0.50.   I had four coupons for $0.30 which was doubled to $0.60 so I made $0.40 on that purchase.   The $5.04 for all six boxes.  I use these a lot because I buy the bigger packs of meat and poultry and then split the packs for several meals. 

All in all it was a good trip.   I plan on making stuffed peppers, risotto and the roast this week.   My birthday was on November 15th and my daughter bought me a fun pressure cooker so I plan on kicking it old school and making some retro recipes.  Stay tuned true believers......



No comments:

Post a Comment