Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Sunday!

Good morning, hope you are having a great day!  

My shopping day was great today but this  budget is much harder than I expected it would be, especially as I donated about ninety percent of my stockpile to shelters to help with Hurricane Sandy.   But I am not giving up....yet.

ShopRite is really helping me keep the budget this week because I was able to get my FREE turkey!  My neighbor is also getting me a FREE turkey.   My lovely neighbors give me their free turkeys/hams and whatnot during the holidays and I make them soups, pot pies, breads, etc.   It is a win/win situation.

I spent $42.73 at ShopRite, more than I expected but I bought a few extras.   I wanted to make Egg McGlone Muffins so I had to buy some canadian bacon and some english muffins.  I also bought some creamer for my son per his request and it is hard to say no to such a simple request.  The rest of my trip was all sale items.   Kleenex hand towels are on sale and if you buy two you get a coupon for $1.50 off of your next shopping trip, I had two coupons for $1.00 off each.   I bought two bags of Gold Medal flour, I am in full baking mode today, white bread and cinnamon bread, along with chocolate chip cookies, Hershey baking chips are on sale and there is a coupon for $1.00 off of two in today's paper.  Five cans of Swanson broth, two boxes of Triscuits, 4 cans of Progresso soup, 3 bags of ShopRite cheese, (for homemade pizza), 2 blocks of Cracker Barrel cheese, 4 boxes Totino's pizza rolls, and three boxes of Green Giant vegetables.   One of those is spinach, I had a request to make lentil soup so I am making that tomorrow.  And last, my 18.55 pound turkey, of course I picked the biggest one I could find.  Total savings, $72.93!


 
 
So remember last week I received $4.00 in ExtraBucks?   This week I turned that $4.00 into two tubes of toothpaste.  Colgate MaxFresh, 6 oz. tubes, are on sale for $2.75.  I had two coupons for $0.35 off of one tube.  CVS does not double coupons so I got $0.70 off of the two tubes, bringing my total down to $4.80.  I then used my $4.00 ExtraBucks from last week and brought the total down to $0.80 for both tubes.    With tax I paid $1.18.  Best part, there is an ExtraBuck offer on each tube, $2.00 for each tube, and you could get two offers, so I received another $4.00 in ExtraBucks for next week! 
 



$43.91 spent this week!  Have a great day and great week and keep on keepin on.




No comments:

Post a Comment