Sunday, October 28, 2012

$48.79, not too shabby

Week 2 and made the goal!   This was a challenge because of Sandy's unfortunate arrival....I have water on hand because I bought the three cases last week and still had water on hand from the last sale.   Making my own bread was successful so I have plenty of bread too, I made more this morning.


So I went to ShopRite this morning and was probably the only customer not buying water and bread.   I just wanted to get my sale items.   Canada Dry soda was on sale 5 12 packs for $11.00.   Hunt's products are on sale and if you buy 10 you get $5.00 towards your next order.  I bought six cans of diced tomatoes and 4 cans of Manwich which makes an easy dinner when you are short on time.   The only coupon I used was for Ellio's pizza, on sale for $1.99, the coupon was in this week's newspaper, the $0.75 coupon was multiplied up to $1.00 so the pizza was $0.99.  At the end of this trip I spent $47.53 and saved $40.09.   Some other items bought were 18 eggs, 3 packs of pork roll, three bags of frozen vegetables, 2 bags of fries and potato chips.

 
 
I then went to CVS and had another great CVS trip.   I bought a 50 count Advil PM and a 3 count of Thermacare wraps.   The Advil is on sale for $7.99 and the wraps are on sale for $6.79.   There are coupons for both in the newspaper this week, $1.00 off of each.   If you buy two you will get $5.00 Extra Bucks off of your next order.   You would pay $12.78 out of pocket and then get the $5.00 towards next week.   I had $12.00 in Extra Bucks from previous trips so I ended up paying $1.26 for both items and saved $15.20.   I received the $5.00 Extra Bucks and then also received a $1.00 Extra Buck since it was the fourth time I used my green bag.   Since Advil PM is $8.99 regular price I think this was a fabulous deal.
 
 
 
I hope I have everything I need to get through the storm but I am sure I do, a true couponer is stocked for all occasions.   Be safe and have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment