Monday, November 12, 2012

dinners

I realized that I have been telling you what I am buying but not how I make it work at home.   Like yesterday, the only meat/poultry item bought was my free turkey, so what are we eating during the week?

Tonight we are having lentil soup with some of the bread I have been baking.   I had the lentils on hand, and if I didn't lentils cost close to nothing so they would not break the budget.  I have cans of chicken broth that I bought last week and this week when it was on sale.  I bought the frozen spinach yesterday on sale.   You don't need much more to make lentils....some chopped onion, some chopped carrots, some garlic, a little salt and pepper and that is pretty much it.   I throw everything but the spinach in the crock pot, and let it cook all day, I put the spinach in for the last hour or so.   I will also make some elbow macaroni and put that in when I put the spinach in and that is it.   A healthy and inexpensive meal and full of iron...and plenty left over for lunch during the week.  

Ok, back to making whole wheat chocolate chip cookies.

http://deerunkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/08/whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Try it, you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment