Saturday, October 20, 2012

being considerate

I am posing a new challenge to myself.  Can I shop for a family of four for $50.00 per week?  That is $12.50 per person.   Those is the know know I am a thrifty coupon shopper, not quite the level as that ridiculous show, but I do well.    But thinking it over I buy many things I don't need just because I am saving money.  Example, last week Bic Soleil razors were on sale for $3.99, normally priced at $5.49, and I had three Buy One Get One Free coupons.   So if I bought six packs at normal price I would have paid $32.94.   With the sale I bought the six packs for $11.97, saving $20.97.   Saving $20.97 is fabulous, but I use an epliator.   I don't even use razors.   So if I just didn't buy the razors at all I would have spent $0.00. 

I have lived a life of stockpiling for so long that this will be a huge change and challenge for me.  I probably have enough in this house to not go shopping for at least a month.   This $50.00 will not just include food, this is for my paper products, cleaning products, toiletries, makeup, etc.   Considering how much I have on hand it will be easy at first.    As my stockpile diminishes it will get harder but I am ready for a new shopping challenge.   Stay tuned for my totals tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Please ignore the title, I was thinking of something else, my mind rambles, I have been up since 3 a.m.

    ReplyDelete